JG (The Introverted Reader)'s Reviews > The Thing Beneath the Bed

The Thing Beneath the Bed by Patrick Rothfuss

Dec 17, 2009

bookshelves: own, 4_stars, covers_i_like, fiction, horror, just_plain_fun, z_read_in_2010, reviewed
Read on July 18, 2010

They've made such a big deal about how this book is not for children that I feel like I should make a special shelf--"Not_For_Children!"

Not too much to say about this except that it's even more messed up than I expected. Yes, I read through to the third, true, ending. I picked up on one little hint as to where it was going, but I dismissed it as my imagination. Nope! It was seriously messed up but seriously fun. And seriously not for kids.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Thing Beneath the Bed.

message 1: by JSou (new)

JSou This looks awesome!

JG (The Introverted Reader) I can't remember--have you read this author's Name of the Wind book? I loved it! And this sounds great too. I'm excited for it to come out!

message 3: by Dorie (new)

Dorie I'll have to check this out. I didn't even know he had any other books published but 'The Name of the Wind', which was awesome. Thanks, JG!

JG (The Introverted Reader) Do you know that the sequel to The Name of the Wind is supposed to come out March 1? It's a long way away, but at least there's an official date now! That's the one I'm really waiting on!

message 5: by Dorie (new)

Dorie I heard that, but I'm not going to hold my breath. I can't wait to read it though!