Nayarit's Reviews > Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal

Aug 08, 10

bookshelves: favorites
Recommended to Nayarit by: Bookstore guy I flirt with
Recommended for: EVERYONE!

This is my second favorite book of all time. And I HONESTLY doubt it will ever lose it's title.

Everyone should read this book

It has everything. It's hilarious. It's entertaining. It's VERY well researched and thought out. It's clever. It's thought provoking. It has a great plot. It's characters are SO beyond lovable! It's true to it's time and settings. You even love the secondary characters.

This book has EVERYTHING any reading experience should have!

Regardless of your faith or beliefs read this book for what it is, work of fiction. A GREAT, well-written, and engagingly hilarious work of fiction at that.

Biff is probably THE greatest character ever created. He's a bit excentric, not the sharpest tool in the shed at times, and a total wise-ass others. He's loyal to a fault and somebody that you WANT to be your friend. He's definitely arrogant in the way that any teenage boy wishes he were, and completely heartwarming. Especially when you put him alongside someone like Joshua. It's hard to be the "runt" and still steal the show. But don't think he hides in Joshua's shadow, nope not at all. And well what's NOT to love about Joshua--he's perfect.

And it takes a part of history--not only biblical history--and makes it fun and interesting . . . and believable.

But the best part has got to be the ending. This story was SO entertaining and hilarious that you don't really expect it to BE thought-provoking or insightful. BUT when it is, it's a TOTAL work of beauty.

The premise is one you've probably heard before or even wondered for yourself "What DID Christ do for that time period in his life that was left out of the bible?" Well in Lamb you get your answer. And I PROMISE you it's NOT what you expected at all. It's better!

READ this book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lamb.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mikaela (new) - added it

Mikaela I'm curious, if this is your second favourite book of all time, whats number one?

Nayarit Yeah, I LOVE this book. I saw that you're thinking about reading it. I don't know if you're friends with Diana Wolfskill but I recommended the book to her and she LOVED it. So you totally won't be disappointed.

My all-time favorite book is actually The Mists of Avalon (MZB). I know, NOTHING similar. But it is in my opinion the greatest book I've ever read. Have you read that one?

message 3: by Mikaela (new) - added it

Mikaela Nayarit wrote: "Yeah, I LOVE this book. I saw that you're thinking about reading it. I don't know if you're friends with Diana Wolfskill but I recommended the book to her and she LOVED it. So you totally won't be ..."

Nope, but I'll definitely give it a go, it looks really interesting! Thanks for the reccomendation.