Barbara M.'s Reviews > Naked in Death

Feb 27, 10

bookshelves: all-time-favorites
Read from February 21 to 24, 2010

5 Stars...I LOVED it

Nora Roberts writing as J.D Robb? I've always been curious considering I'm a huge fan of her romance novels...and let me say YES, YES, YES! I was a little hesitant considering I do like a little "love" in my books; I didn't want to read just an ordinary mystery...blah, blah, blah, and I wasn't let down. "Naked in Death" is smokin' hot! Nora always takes you to where she wants you to be. Whether it's to the middle of the ocean, or in this case to the year 2058. Everything feels so real and different yet so very believable...almost as if she's lived in that time.

There's no lack in characters either. Lieutenant Eve Dallas is a spicy, cold and brilliant detective that must find the seriel killer that's knocking off prostitutes (LoL! No pun intended...well okay, just a little), and Roarke is a multi-billionaire busineess man that's on the short list of suspects....

Sparks literally fly off the pages the instant these two meet...and with all of Nora's known for moments you aren't let down.

If you're like me and are a little hesitant on starting this 38 *still choking* book series, let me just say...if every book is anything like this first one then these books are worth their weight in gold.

Oh...and just a quick thanks to my goodreads friend Ally for getting me started on this series. You rock girl!!!

7 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Naked in Death.

Ally72 Barbara!!! You are starting one of my favorite series! I am so excited and I hope you are liking it. It is really different from other books I usually read, but it is the best. I hope it is going well and I didn't give you a bad recommendation.
Ally

Barbara M. Bad recommendation?!...On a page containing a Nora Roberts book?! Uhhhh....NO WAY! I've always loved this lady, and OMG I've opened a can of worms with starting this series. I went Friday hoping to find the first 3 or 4 but couldn't find book 2. So...I plan on going tomorrow and dig dig dig until I find it. No worries Ally, I've almost devoured this one in a half a day, so I'd say I'm liking it A LOT!!! And it looks like I'm going to be breaking one of my number one rules by reading these back to back to back. Oh Lord, I won't get nothing done this week. Thanks girl =)

Ally72 I am soooooooo happy to hear you are loving this book. The good news is...the books only get better. I would definitely read them in order because Eve and Roarke's story continues to build in the second one and it is great. There will be some supporting characters that pop up in a few books that make this series even more outstanding! I can't wait to talk about these with you.

Barbara M. If I couldn't read them in order, then I wouldn't read them at all, that's just how I role ;P... And I won't rest until I have all the books lined up ready to read (I'm OCD like that). Good thing I've got my tax refund coming up....Hello Borders!!!!

Ally72 Barbara...We are too much alike because I am the same way! I am debating right now if I want to start book three in Pamela Clare's I-Team series. I haven't read any of those books yet, but the third one looks the best (to me). I don't know if I can read them out of order. LOL!

Barbara M. I read those a looonnngggg time ago...so there's no way in the world I remember if the order matters. I do remember them being okay reads though.

Thanks again for staying on me about the Robb series...I can't wait to have them all!!!

Ally72 Thanks Barbara...I am glad to hear the order doesn't matter. I like Pamela Clare and the series sounds good.

Barbara M. Oh no Ally! I said I didn't know if the order matters! LoL...I thought I'd clear that up. I wouldn't want that on me!!!

Ally72 Thanks Barbara...I totally misread your reply! I appreciate you letting me know. I might be crazy and read it out of order! LOL!
Ally

Barbara M. If I'm not sure about a series, and I have only one like you do, then I would for sure go ahead and read it. But with someone like Nora? Not if I can help it.

Ally72 LOL! I didn't know you loved Nora so much! I have to get busy and read her other books now. Of course, I still have a lot of Eve and Roarke books to read too!

message 12: by Barbara M. (last edited Feb 22, 2010 08:56AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Barbara M. I think there are a few in my all time favorites, and if not there are a ton of 4 and 5 Star ones in my regular "read" list. Check some of them out, she has some great stand alones and series.

Ally72 Thanks Barbara...I need to get busy and start looking up some of her titles. Of course, I have no business saying that with my already gigantic TBR pile!

message 14: by Sarita (new)

Sarita Yay! I'm glad you liked it. I'm going to have to try Mystery again, they just make me sooo anxious! Maybe this is the series to bring me back.

Barbara M. It's a good one!

Ally72 Fantastic review Barbara! Hooray!!! I am so happy you liked it and it will be fun talking about the books together. I think the series just gets better and better. The only thing is you will only want to read these books for awhile! LOL!