Zakiya the Walking Butterfly's Reviews > Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling

Apr 16, 11

bookshelves: fantasy, adventure, re-read, own, wizards-witches, runner-up-favorites, 2011-books, april-2011, coming-of-age, to-be-re-read
Recommended for: ADVENTURE/FANTASY LOVERS
Read in April, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: once

A great beginning to a great series. . .

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.

Quotes Zakiya Liked

J.K. Rowling
“To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure.”

J.K. Rowling
“It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends.”

J.K. Rowling
“Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!”

J.K. Rowling
“I hope you're pleased with yourselves. We could all have been killed - or worse, expelled. Now if you don't mind, I'm going to bed.”

J.K. Rowling
“You haven't got a letter on yours," George observed. "I suppose she thinks you don't forget your name. But we're not stupid-we know we're called Gred and Forge.”

J.K. Rowling
“Fear of a name increases fear of the thing itself.”

J.K. Rowling
“Now, you two – this year, you behave yourselves. If I get one more owl telling me you've – you've blown up a toilet or –"
"Blown up a toilet? We've never blown up a toilet."
"Great idea though, thanks, Mum.”

J.K. Rowling
“So light a fire!" Harry choked. "Yes...of course...but there's no wood!" ...
"HAVE YOU GONE MAD!" Ron bellowed. "ARE YOU A WITCH OR NOT!”

12/22/2009 page 98
31.61% "Harry is onthe train talking to Ron, whom he has just met."
12/23/2009 page 175
56.45% "Harry and Ron are in teh girls' bathroom saving Hermione from a troll that's found its way into Hogwarts."
12/23/2009 page 184
59.35% "Harry is about to play his first ever game of Quidditch."
12/23/2009 page 196
63.23% "Christmas is near, and Hermione and several other students are going home for the holidays. Ron,Harry, Percy,Fred,& George stay at Hogwarts."
12/24/2009 page 228
73.55% "Gryffindors have just beat Hufflepuff in a game of Quidditch. Harry, Ron, and Hermione have figured out who Nicholas Flamel is."
12/24/2009 page 228
73.55% "Gryffindors beat Hufflepuff in a Quidditch game. Harry, Ron, and Hermione have finally figured out who Nicolas Flamel is."
12/24/2009 page 257
82.9% "Harry, Hermione, Neville, Malfoy, and Hagrid are looking for an injured unicorn."
04/16/2011 page 255