MelissaB's Reviews > Crown of Crystal Flame

1320046
Aug 01, 13

bookshelves: cl-wilson, paranormal-romance, kindle, 2013-reads, shapeshifters
Read from July 21 to 30, 2013

Crown of Crystal Flame is the final book in the five book Tairen Souls series where we finally see the battle between Light and Dark forces that will determine the fate of the world.

Ellysetta and her truemate Rain, King of the Fey, have been through so much as they battle the High Mage of Eld and his plans to conquer the world including the Fading Lands - and most of all his quest to capture Ellysetta. The final chapter of this epic fantasy romance is full of battles, adventures and the final showdown for Ellysetta to be Light or Dark. Along the way familiar characters are lost and we meet some new ones, the Elves in particular were fascinating.

Looking back over this series as a whole, the story was wonderfully imaginative and filled with characters who came to life. The world building and writing were amazing, I felt like I was in a magical world similar to Lord of the Rings. I loved the first two books in particular, they focused the most on Ellysetta and Rain as they met and started their relationship. The third and fourth books were a bit too dark, I felt like there was little hope and bad things kept happening to beloved characters. Finally in this book we see the final battles and a brighter future. I was pleased that the battle with the High Mage was more than just him and Ellie, she has many people who cared about her. The final chapters felt a little rushed, I would have enjoyed more information on where some of our characters end up, especially the girl from Eld and the babies. We get to see our main characters and their happy endings so I am still happy.

I would recommend this series to people who enjoy epic fantasy romance. The characters and story will stay with me long after I am finished.
13 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crown of Crystal Flame.

07/21/2013 marked as: currently-reading
07/30/2013 marked as: read

MelissaB Thanks Sharon!

MelissaB BamaGal wrote: "Great review, Melissa. I very much enjoyed this series overall; but I definitely liked some of the books more than others."

Thanks Bama! The third and fourth books were too dark overall for me but the series as a whole was still so good

Duchess Nicole Oh, awesome review! I got stuck back at book two for some reason, but I very much enjoyed the first two. I really need to finish. So glad you liked this, and that you reminded me of the series.

MelissaB Duchess Nicole **Loves Swiss Chocolate** wrote: "Oh, awesome review! I got stuck back at book two for some reason, but I very much enjoyed the first two. I really need to finish. So glad you liked this, and that you reminded me of the series."

I have been meaning to read this series through since this last book came out so I understand! I am glad I finally got to it

message 6: by Karla (new)

Karla Great review Melissa! This is a series I'm looking forward to reading!

MelissaB Karla wrote: "Great review Melissa! This is a series I'm looking forward to reading!"

Thanks Karla!

Blacky *Romance Addict* Lovely review Melissa :)

MelissaB Blacky *Mistress of Doom* wrote: "Lovely review Melissa :)"

Thanks!

Booklover, Indianapolis Nice review. I tried this series, but I just could not get into it - too fantasy for me, I think. It sounds so good, but I just don't think I have it in me to try again!

MelissaB Booklover, Indianapolis wrote: "Nice review. I tried this series, but I just could not get into it - too fantasy for me, I think. It sounds so good, but I just don't think I have it in me to try again!"

If you don't like the first book you probably won't like the rest!

message 12: by AgentScully (new)

AgentScully Fab review Melissa!

MelissaB Thanks Agent Scully!