Willow's Reviews > Nothing But Trouble

Nothing But Trouble by Rachel Gibson

Rachel Gibson continues to produce some of my favorite stories in the Romance genre. There's a rhythm to her books that never feels forced, always have a spark, and leave me laughing and a little bit in love. If I want to have a good time with a romance that is charming, sexy, funny, and memorable, I know that a Rachel Gibson book is a surefire bet, time and time again.

Nothing But Trouble continues with the Chinooks Hockey Team story, which are all fantastic. I love these books because I'm a sucker for sports stories, and Rachel is one author that writes them well with an eye and ear for the excitement of the sport. She writes the big game, and she writes the grit and athleticism of the players, and she doesn't soften them for the sake of making them a romance hero, but like all of her characters, they feel real and familiar and interesting. And like the rest of her books, the female leads hold just as much of the spotlight as the guys. These are funny, charismatic women you'll want to be friends with. All of her female characters feel fresh and different than the last, but you'll fall in love as quickly as her male lead does, and you'll always root for her. And the relationship between the two? It could melt the ink off the pages just as it makes you crack up into laughter.

This one is the story of Mark Bressler, the former captain, who was seriously injured and is pissed off at just about everything and everyone. He can't play the game he loves. The new captain got to skate into his position and hold the Stanley Cup he spent his life chasing. Underneath the gruff exterior it's the same Mark we've loved since he we met him in an earlier book, but now he's a snark and doesn't sugarcoat anything for anyone and Chelsea is a brightly colored, slasher film scream queen who needs a job between gigs. She's the one that calls Mark on his attitude, and she's the one that makes him even crazier. The sparks? Off the charts. The snappy dialogue? Hilarious and engaging. It's not often a romance makes me literally laugh out loud, and this one did, several times. Another really great time with the Chinooks team.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nothing But Trouble.