Willow's Reviews > Destined for an Early Grave

Destined for an Early Grave by Jeaniene Frost

Dec 15, 2009

bookshelves: epic-couples, night-huntress, paranormal, series, vampy, love-triangle, urban-fantasy, fake-boyfriend-parade

I think one of the toughest things to do in the romance genre is write a couple over a series of books. Don't get me wrong, I love a good series, absolutely LOVE to get lost in one, but usually one book is dedicated to one couple and then the author moves on to the next and the next and once a couple is done they're put on the happy ending shelf and that's that. You get to see glimpses of them together throughout the series, but the problems are over.

Not so with the Night Huntress series. But so far, Frost has done an impeccable job of keeping up the romance, tension, steam-factor and throw believable and heartbreaking curve balls at Cat and Bones. The whole issue with Gregor was pissing me off, but in the good, can't-stop-turning-pages way, and I absolutely loved seeing Bones' pissed off, territorial, this-is-my-wife side. The middle was absolute TORTURE, and I just wanted to scream at everyone, but the tension was pitch perfect and proved how devoted we are to Cat and Bones and how willing we are to go on whatever twist and turns they take us on, because we can turn the page knowing that we aren't going to be sucker-punched because in the end they are IT for each other.

Other favorite part of the book? I love Vlad. I love the way he stepped up to the plate and I just want to curl up next to him and let whatever happens...happen. Can't wait for the next Cat and Bones book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Destined for an Early Grave.