Mel's Reviews > Eternal Kiss of Darkness

Eternal Kiss of Darkness by Jeaniene Frost

Jul 12, 10

bookshelves: not-to-read, pressured-into-reading-it

At least this one has a better cover than that ridiculous one of First Drop of Crimson.

Presenting: the winners of the Benicio del Toro and Angelina Jolie look-a-like competition.
4 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eternal Kiss of Darkness.

Shay Tsk Tsk. You decided to read it anyway?

message 2: by Mel (new) - added it

Mel Nooo, I think I added this before First Drop of Crimson. I'm going to put it in my not to read shelf :)

message 3: by Shay (last edited Mar 15, 2010 07:16AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shay No you wont!
You would, wouldnt you?!

You Just did!

HA!

message 4: by Mel (new) - added it

Mel I just did indeed. Ha!

ஐAndreaஐ Why aren't you going to read this? You didn't like first drop of crimson? Just protesting?

message 6: by Mel (new) - added it

Mel Protesting indeed. I hated FdoC with a passion. It was a bad book and I think Frost was totally uninspired when she wrote it.
I loved Halfway to the Grave, but to me she went downhill from there. And it bugs me because there's so much potential! It's just that Frost seems to do nothing with it. Besides Cat & Bones, nobody is fleshed out and her plots really suck. FdoC's winning the 'most idiotic and illogical plot'- award from me.
Maybe if I would have gotten the books from the library, I could have been somewhat milder. But I gave my hard earned money and was really disappointed and that makes me pissed.. :D
So no more Frost for me.

ஐAndreaஐ I actually went and read what you said after I asked. I do see what you mean about Spade and Denise falling for eachother. But I enjoyed it and I love Cat and Bones. How can you not like cat and bones? Bone is Hot!!!

message 8: by Tina (new)

Tina I was really disappointed with FDOC too. I can't figure out why she'd want to write about the 2 most uninteresting characters in her series. I did enjoy when Cat and Bones made an appearance.

ஐAndreaஐ I think she should have written about Vlad, I liked his character :)

message 10: by Mel (new) - added it

Mel To me Vlad was the most interesting secondary too. But I'm afraid to read his book because I suspect Frost will have messed up the opportunity to make his book into something wonderful.
Sorry Andrea, if I sound too negative. But what bugs me most is that Frost's stories could have been so much better. The series supposedly isn't PNR but UF, but for an UF story there's no multilayred plot, no real world building and the secondaries are total card boards. Even Bones gets too much with his Brit-isms. We get it already: he is sexy and he is British.
Besides the relationship between Cat & Bones (which also got repetitive: I mean: how many more times can Cat get jealous of one of his exes?) nothing really is fleshed out. Tate being the primary example of a secondary with so much promise...

ஐAndreaஐ Not at all, I like to hear other people's opinions. It's always interesting that 2 people can look at the same thing and see something totally different.

If it were me, with as many ex's as he has I think I could get Jealous that many times :)) bones has been a busy boy for a long time.

message 12: by Mel (new) - added it

Mel LOL true. Maybe if I would have liked Cat more I could actually sympathize. But, as much as I liked her in NH #1, I really started hating her in NH #2. She redeemed herself a bit towards the ending, but still...

message 13: by Nina (new) - rated it 3 stars

Nina R. Mel I love your comment about A Jolie and B del Toro!! You made me laugh today!!I'll probably read it but it will be a "library check out!!" Hope all is well :)

message 14: by Mel (new) - added it

Mel Thanks Nina! I wish I had the luxury of getting English UF/PNR books from the library. If so, maybe I would have been a bit milder about some of my 'bad books'. Still, I'm keeping this firmly on my not-to-read shelf. Although I can't imagine this one being as bad as FDoC, since there's no Denise *grumble grumble*
All is well, hope you're okay too. Where did your avi go?

message 15: by Shay (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shay Mel!!!

Read the first page in the link, the one starting with "Have no fear":

Tell me What you think...

message 16: by Mel (new) - added it

Mel Wow, I thought it would just be one chapter, but there are six! I have only read half of the first chapter, but I'll let you know as soon as I finish in between work :)