Val's Reviews > The Shop on Blossom Street

The Shop on Blossom Street by Debbie Macomber

Dec 15, 2009

liked it
Read in December, 2009

This book was recommended to me by a friend of mine in book club. I have to admit that a book about a yarn shop sounded pretty boring, but I trust my friend's taste so I picked it up. It was cute and a nice change from all the vampire romance people have been throwing at me for the last year. (Not that I'm going to stop reading it, just needed a break from teh genre for a while). Anyhow, this is a story about four women who happen to meet in a knitting class in a yarn shop. They are coming from different places in their lives: Lydia the main character and owner of the yarn shop is a cancer survivor, Jacqueline is a society lady, Alix is a young person trying to make her way from a bad background, and Carol is an ex-executive who quit her job and is trying trying to conceive a child. It's the story of how they grow to become part of each others' lives. I didnt' know until the end that it's part of a series so I'm adding Book 2 'A Good Yarn' to my to-read list.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Shop on Blossom Street.