Rachel C.'s Reviews > A Little Bit Wicked: Life, Love, and Faith in Stages

A Little Bit Wicked by Kristin Chenoweth

Dec 15, 2009

liked it
bookshelves: non-fic, subj-music, biography-memoir, city-new-york, library-loan
Recommended for: fellow Broadway freaks
Read in December, 2009

This book is chock-full of people and productions I know and love:

Kristin: A tiny little lady with one heck of a big voice. Loved her as Olive Snook in Pushing Daisies; loved her cameo in Glee; listen to the cast album of Wicked all the time (I saw it, too, but after she and Menzel had already left).

Idina Menzel: saw her in Aida; saw her in Vagina Monologues; I think she and Taye Diggs are the cutest couple ever.

Marc Kudisch: saw him in Thoroughly Modern Millie and just last month in Broadway Unplugged; probably would have seen him in 9-to-5 had it not folded.

Aaron Sorkin: Mr. You Can't Handle the Truth himself. Grandmaster of dialogue. One of my writing GODS. I own all four seasons of West Wing that he wrote; saw Farnsworth Invention on Broadway; even stuck through an entire season of Studio 60 (and felt personally betrayed by how much it sucked). He guest-wrote a few pages in the book, describing how he met Kristin.

With a cast of characters like that, I couldn't help but be interested. Chenoweth directly addresses most of the things I was curious about, and her ghostwriter does a good job distilling her personality into text. Dinged one star for the wonky, hard-to-follow chronology and another for all the churchy stuff.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Little Bit Wicked.