Nicole's Reviews > Deadly Little Lies

Deadly Little Lies by Laurie Faria Stolarz

Dec 17, 09

Read in December, 2009

This book definitely had me spooked, especially since I would read it at night alone in my apartment. Once again, Camelia is being stalked. There are eerie messages and phone calls to leave the reader guessing as to the culprit's identity. And there are some really good twists--such as the journal entries we get. I have to say that the journal entries were one of the most intriguing parts of the story. They really added to the overall mystery of the book and gets you excited for the next one. So, while I thought it was a good read with great writing to keep the reader in suspense, I have my complaints.

As the story continues, I increasingly get frustrated with the characters, especially how unopen Ben and Camilla are. Ben still feels like a mystery, even after two books. I really hope the next book we learn more about him. And you would think Camilla would have matured and learned from the previous book, such as that she shouldn't keep important things from her parents, like people stalking you. The ending was frustrating, for me, too--Camilla makes a mistake of not trusting Ben and she doesn't even apologize for it. There is no hashing out of their emotions except for them just saying they have to talk, but the book ends before we actually see them solve anything, like their lack of trust in one another. However, none of these complaints completely detract from my eagerness to read the third book, DEADLY LITTLE GAMES. I just now have higher expectations for the next book to solve these issues.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deadly Little Lies.