Mary's Reviews > The Christmas List

The Christmas List by Richard Paul Evans

Dec 14, 09

bookshelves: 2009

** spoiler alert ** A movie that I can watch over and over again is Groundhog Day, in which Bill Murray's character has several do-overs afforded to him to get things right. This book has a similar theme, as the main character, James Kier, is given a wake-up call and the time to make amends for wrongdoings in his past.

I picked this up tonight, sat down to read it, and made my way through it in 2 1/2 hours...so you can see that I couldn't put it down! I love Richard Paul Evans's writing style, and I love that he has a lesson to share with his readers but that he doesn't beat us over the head with that lesson. This book was less about Christmas and more about taking the time to make things right when you have done wrong. By the end of the book, I was shedding several tears, both from the sadness of Kier's loss of his wife and from the happiness of him finding peace and forgiveness in the arms of his son. Although the story was a bit far-fetched at times, I am a fan of the saying, "It's fiction...accept it." And this is the kind of fiction that I love to read!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Christmas List.