the golden witch.'s Reviews > Keys to the Repository

Keys to the Repository by Melissa de la Cruz

Sep 04, 11

bookshelves: angelic-pretty, demonica, vampires, magical-reality, 2010, own, own-1st-edition, favorites-novels, reviewed, best-of-10, net-galley
Read on July 31, 2010 — I own a copy

Everything I love about the "Blue Bloods" series is captured right here in this slim volume. "Keys to the Repository" gives you a lot of insider information that was either hinted at or not given to the reader before in the previous four books. I was so happy this was released, because honestly, I was wondering when we were going to be getting some kind of companion book to keep track of everything. And then in 2010, this came out! Yay!

So why review it now, more than a year later? Well, the penultimate book is coming out in a few weeks, and netgalley thoughtfully provided me with a re-read version. So I thought I'd refresh my brain with the information provided then, and keep it mind for when "Lost in Time" comes out on September 17th.

The other great thing about this book is the wonderful short stories and outtakes from the "BB" universe that we hadn't seen before, or memos from within the coven that sheds a lot of light on the misadventures that have been happening within the Blue Blood world at large, whether it be in the States or Europe, or other places around the world. It's a little treasure trove of information and if you're a fan of the series, this is a definite must-have to refer to when you need it. I won't spoil what you'll find in here - so you'll have to check it out for yourself.

And possibly the best part of this companion book is that it sets up for books 5 and beyond with its epilogue/preview chapter at the end. It doesn't give us much to go on, but it sets the mood, and it gives you an undeniable craving for the next books in the series. At least, that's what it did for me. I was practically chomping at the bit for the next book after reading the teaser at the end of this book. Hell, I still am now.

So whether you're just dipping your toes into the BB universe, or are an experienced navigator in its waters, give "Keys" a read - you'll be thankful for all of the knowledge you've gained.

(posted to goodreads, shelfari, and witchoftheatregoing.wordpress.com)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Keys to the Repository.

07/31/2010 page 79