tiffany's Reviews > Food Inc.: A Participant Guide: How Industrial Food is Making Us Sicker, Fatter, and Poorer-And What You Can Do About It

Food Inc. by Karl Weber

Jan 17, 2010

Read in January, 2010

i just watched this dvd and i think every single person should watch it. it is well documented, incredibly informative and gives us knowledge that as responsible consumers we have zero reason to remain uninformed. if you plan to continue eating and putting your money toward products then regardless of what your decisions are (i.e. what you continue to eat, purchase, support, etc.) you will be doing it with intent and knowledge of what you are supporting. this documentary has gone to great lengths to bring information to us that big business tries to hide, as consumers it provides an easy way to become more knowledgeable with little effort and thus allowing us all to make more informed decisions. it comes down to making good, informed decisions, it is not about one lifestyle over another, for ex. it is not about being a meat eater, or a vegetarian or a vegan, the sole purpose is to show you what you are supporting and eating and how you can make positive changes no matter what your choice in food is. the information about monsanto was so incredibly disturbing about what is happening with farming communities and seeds, it is the proverbial nail for me for never buying products non organic, to support monsanto in any way kills the planet one purchase at a time.
i hope that everyone will take the time to watch this documentary and decide for themselves. ignorance is not bliss, ignorance is ignorance.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Food Inc..