Kath's Reviews > Into the Storm: A Novel

Into the Storm by Suzanne Brockmann

Dec 13, 09

Read in December, 2009

I really like this series and read the first 9 about a year ago. I had taken a break primarily because new characters were being introduced and it was a good stopping point. In this series some of the story lines span multiple books, but book 9 had left no cliffhangers.

I really liked this installment and can't wait to get my hands on book 10. Loved Jenk and his schoolhood crush. Sweet guy and love the fact that they referred to his nickname from school of Weeble. Kind of gave you an image of what he was and what he became. His friend Izzy was a trip and I am sure we'll be hearing more about him later. He kind of reminded me of Kenny from one of the previous stories and I loved Kenny.

Funny how Tracy was so annoying, but as the story went on, you couldn't help but like her. One of things that I like so much about this series is the humor and the interaction between the characters. It's a lot of fun and I found myself laughing out loud at a couple of the jokes.

The serial killer storyline was a bit chilling and sounds much like Silence of the Lambs (which I have only heard about.) Hearing the accounts of Beth's ordeal was a little disturbing, but necessary to indicate what the team was dealing with.

One thing that was annoying was the how Dave, Decker thing. I like the love triangle with Sophia and can't wait to hear how that pans out. It's not the storyline, it's the names. Using Decks and Daves first and last names at different times was a little confusing. I couldn't tell who was who at some points in the story. I do like the story line though.

I do like the narrators for the audiobook, particularly Patrick Lawlor. The short story at the end was read by the female narrator of the story, who was good, but she read the short so fast, I turned it off. Her speed was just a little too distracting.

Glad I picked the series back up. This is a real treat. It's got a mix of everything. Humor, suspense, mystery, romance....I really enjoy this one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Into the Storm.