Keiki Hendrix's Reviews > Jesus Lives

Jesus Lives by Sarah  Young

Jun 25, 11

bookshelves: non-fiction-devotionals

`Jesus Lives` by Sarah Young is a devotional book quite different than I've read. With 180 devotionals arranged by subject matter, this little padded hardcover book, is exceptional. It is personal. It is intimate. It is real.

Sarah Young is a missionary and missionaries are my heroes. These are people that embody what Christianity truly is. Offering one's life in the service of proclaiming God no matter the personal cost is admirable, honorable and challenging.

In `Jesus Lives`, the author's passion and obvious close, personal walk with Jesus almost beams off each and every page. I was captivated by the exchanges by Sarah Young and her Lord, quite refreshing and boldly authentic.

In this topical devotional, the reader will locate the particular subject and read the corresponding devotion prepared. The focus of the `life of Jesus' in the believers life. The writings focus the reader to become aware of the life of Jesus in themselves and in others.

This small devotional would makes a great gift although I am not quite sure a new believer could embrace the intimacy of the servant and her Lord in this devotional at first. The writing of the devotions reveal a long personal conversation that a new believer may not understand. But, if the new believer does read it with a longing to know, I am sure they will find themselves growing spiritually.

I recommend `Jesus Lives` highly for any age group. This is authentic Christianity and provides insightful encouragement for those seeking a closer walk with their Father.

Disclaimer:
The review copy of this book was provided by Thomas Nelson Publishers free of charge and was donated to Westwood Baptist Church.

Reviewed by: Keiki Hendrix
Reviewed for: Thomas Nelson Publishing

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Jesus Lives.