Bree's Reviews > Mockingjay

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

Sep 26, 10

bookshelves: 2010, young-adult, favorites
Read in September, 2010

I was so excited to read this last book in the Hunger Games trilogy, I even went to a book release party in Chapters. I started reading it the next morning and didn't find myself sucked in as quickly as I was with the previous 2 books. It did improve for me about a quarter of the way through, I *HAD* to know what happened to Katniss, Peeta and Gale.

The book was full of rich imagination as the previous two books were - vivid imagery that will bring to life the movies when they come. Katniss still seemed to want to be a child although she no longer was, and hadn't been since being thrown in the arena the first time - burying her head in the sand just shouldn't have been an option (although the other characters in the book helped that along by keeping her in the dark as much as possible). The things the Capitol was doing throughout the book made me hate them even more than I did previously.

The ending, the ending...how to explain how I felt about the ending? It wasn't a BAD ending...it just seemed a bit abrupt and slightly forced. It wasn't completely pleasant, but it was wrapped up nicely as a good book should. Maybe it was just that I didn't want the trilogy to really be over.

Overall, it's a must-read if you've started the trilogy. If you haven't started the trilogy, RUN, don't walk, to get a copy of The Hunger Games and start the journey now that all three books are released and you're not left waiting for more.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mockingjay.