Gail's Reviews > The Isaiah Effect: Decoding the Lost Science of Prayer and Prophecy

The Isaiah Effect by Gregg Braden

Dec 12, 09

"When I (the Indian guy, David) was young, our elders passed onto me the secret of prayer. The secret is that when we ask for something, we acknowledge what we do not have. Continuing to ask only gives power to what has never come to pass... I began (praying) with the feeling of gratitude for all that is and all that has come to pass, I gave thanks for the desert wind, heat, and the drought, for that is the way of it, until now... Then I chose a new medicine. I began to have the feeling of what rain feels like. I felt the feeling of rain upon my body... Our prayer becomes a prayer of thanks for the opportunity to choose which creation we experience. Through our thanks, we honor all possibilities and bring the ones we choose into this world.

This works! The only hard part is simply being disciplined enough to "slow down" and do the work (e.g. envisioning the prayer, feeling it through in detail, and believing that this is for real)."
6 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Isaiah Effect.