Codi Mcgarry's Reviews > The Hostile Hospital

The Hostile Hospital by Lemony Snicket

F 50x66
Dec 12, 09

This is above all my absolute favorite Snicket book. How did it go again...I can't remember just out of my head, except what's going on on the front (I won't spoil it for anyone). But this book was, among all thirteen, just extraordinary. I recall the powerful emotions I felt reading it- all the insanity going on around the children's lives; the dreaded persuit of Olaf to the children, and the other way around; that STUPID singing Volunteers Fighting Disease, curse them! But, if I remember anything more, I'll get back to you. Snicket is my idol of mystery novels- they have sophistication and a bizarre theme no other can really match.

...If there's a way, would it be possible if anyone could explain to me why Violet ever needed that operation? That would be helpful- I never figured it out.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hostile Hospital.

message 1: by Katie (new) - added it

Katie She didnt need the surgery. She was knocked unconsious
by Count.Olaf so that he could pretend to be a doctor and chop open her head pretending it was a new surgery they were testing but it was actually just a way to lkill her