Brett's Reviews > The Book of Basketball: The NBA According to The Sports Guy

The Book of Basketball by Bill Simmons

U 50x66
Dec 12, 09

Read in December, 2009

Ok, so I'm a huge Bill Simmons fan, between his columns and his podcast. I'm a decent NBA fan, following it from afar during the season and closer during the playoffs. I much prefer the NFL. However, a book about basketball now and in the past is probably more interesting than just about any other sport, and having Simmons do the work makes is much more interesting than just about anything else.

The premise is this: how do teams and players over the past 50 years of the NBA really compare? It is easy to remember somebody as better or worse than they actually were. In typical Simmons form, the book is full of irrelevant information and humor as well (constant references to Teen Wolf, Rocky, Lost, etc. etc.), which I like, but it is also full of well-researched information, and shows SImmons' immense passion for basketball.

At 700 pages, it is big, but due to the style of writing and subject, I'd say it is more like a 400 page book. If you are a fan of basketball or a fan of Simmons, you must read.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Book of Basketball.