Marie's Reviews > Strife

Apr 20, 10

it was ok
bookshelves: own, series, young-adult
Read in April, 2010

Weird things are happening and no one can really figure out why. Cal and Selene are dead. Ciaran is on the run and he couldn't possibly be making them happen from how far away he is... so naturally, everyone starts blaming Morgan. She's powerful, she uninitiated... maybe she's causing these things to happen without knowing it.

Hunter brings someone to help Morgan learn more about her powers and how to control them. She starts tutoring Morgan as soon as she gets there.

The story shifts, suddenly we're aware of what Alisa is thinking, of her plans to write an article to "warn" people of this "strange magick" being practiced. Honestly, this whole part annoyed me. Alisa hasn't been in the coven long enough and she was the youngest of all the members. I was convinced that Alisa had something to do with all of the "accidents" since every time they happened, Alisa was around.

As much as I love Sweep, I felt this book was a hassle to get through. Now that Cal and Selene are gone, I just feel that the story has lost its edge. Doesn't mean I hated the book or that I'll stop reading the series, that's just how this particular book made me feel.
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Strife.

04/02/2010 page 131
69.68% "Alisa needs to mind her own business!!! Erg."
04/16/2010 page 192
100% ".... the ending didn't leave me excited to read the next one..."