Blackbird_61's Reviews > UFOs and the National Security State 1: Chronology of a Coverup 1941-73

UFOs and the National Security State 1 by Richard M. Dolan

U 50x66
Oct 22, 07

Recommended for: Anyone who wonders ...
Read in January, 2005

Truly. Until reading this book I not only did not "believe" in UFO's. I did not believe 2+2=5 either. In other words I felt I knew enough about hard science to exclude the possibility of the Visitors, without having to debunk claims to the contrary case by case. But having heard the Author interviewed, I thought I would give him a chance.

Basically what Richard does is through careful documentation demonstrate that the Government was very interested in UFO's for and extended period, even while maintaining an official position of denial. This does not prove the existence of UFO's, but it does demonstrate a real interest in an otherwise unexplainable phenomenon. To use Richards Analogy, as the book rolls along the Elephant in the living room looms larger and larger. What Richard did for me at least, was allow the US Government to convince me of the reality of the visitors.

I sincerely doubt the Government keeps 1000's of pages of top secret documents on Big Foot. Any thoughtful citizen should put aside the lables believer and skeptic and consider Richards book. We need to ask ourselves, why is my government so interested in this subject, if its all fluff and bunnies?? Why do such a high percentage of sightings occur near facilities storing nuclear material. And what's more frightening, the thought that visitors are real, or that so many persons who man these facilities have apparently become temporarily unhinged if they are seeing fluff and bunnies.

Just a thought. A co-worker of mine saw this book and borrowed it. When I asked why later he told me. "I used to be a Radar Operator, one night we tracked a blip. It just hung in space for 3 passes. Then shot off screen as fast as any Jet. This was in the late 50's before the Harrier, and no chopper in the world at that time could do that!" I wonder how many other quite witnesses there are out there. Who have seen the impossible, and know, what we think we know, just isn't the whole of the truth.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read UFOs and the National Security State 1.