Becky's Reviews > Breakfast in Bed

Breakfast in Bed by Robin Kaye

Dec 22, 09

Read in December, 2009

Loved it! This is my first Robin Kaye book (yes, this is part of series and I haven't read the first two) and can't wait to pick up another! This story was cute, funny and incredibly sexy!
Both Rich and Becca have issues. It's what make them who they are. Rich is an alpha male and Italian to boot. Becca is extremely wealthy and doesn't trust the male species not to just be after her money. So, when they find out that they both have to occupy the same apartment for a while, they have to come to some sort of truce.

Since Rich's girlfriend recently broke up with him, he solicits Becca to teach him to be more relationship material. He needs to learn to cook, clean and do laundry if he wants to settle down and convince his ex to come back to him. At first, Becca is more than happy to oblige just to get Rich out of her hair sooner. But, as she sees Rich trying so hard she begins to want him for herself. As for Rich, the more he tries to become a man ready to settle down, he figures out that it's not his ex that he's really after.

I literally laughed out loud multiple times while reading this book. Rich is hilarious in his determination to become what he calls a Domestic God. It's no wonder Becca eventually falls for him! She tried hard to continue to dislike him, but as he tries harder and harder to be a good man, Becca sees a different side of him. At the same time, Rich is seeing a different side of Becca that she keeps hidden from the rest of the world. It's obvious from the beginning that these two are going to hook up, but that didn't keep me from turning the pages as fast as I could. I wish I'd have had the time to read this in one sitting, but it only took me two days. I had it open in my hands at every available opportunity.

Kaye's ability to create characters is awesome. She made me want to know them! Rich's Aunt Rose was just a sideline, but she was interesting and funny. Vinny, another side character was also well developed and made me want to meet him. I really think that's why it was so easy to love the book and feel all the emotion just as though I was a part of it.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Breakfast in Bed.