Kevin's Reviews > The Last Olympian

The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan

Dec 18, 09

Read in December, 2009

This book was an amazing end to the Percy Jackson series. I'd definitely recommend the entire series to others.

It's kind of sad that there weren't be any more, but Riordan is going to be doing a "Camp Half-Blood" series which will sort of be a continuation of the existing story, just without the focus on the main characters from the Percy Jackson books. It's good in a way, since there's a bit more freedom to develop plenty of other characters and have plenty of plots and sub-plots going on, but it sucks since Percy and the rest were really enjoyable. I guess they'll make appearances here and there and there will be references to them, but the new series will focus more on the characters we haven't heard much about or ones that are brand new. Should be interesting.
12 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Last Olympian.

message 1: by Daniel (new)

Daniel This author's bio says he writes children's books and I know you have been reading juvy fiction lately. So, is this juvy or adult?

Kevin Daniel wrote: "This author's bio says he writes children's books and I know you have been reading juvy fiction lately. So, is this juvy or adult?"

Like I said in reviews of the earlier books, it's written for kids. That's why I excused the author for certain things along the way.

But like Harry Potter and other books geared towards younger readers, that doesn't make the story all about rainbows, bunnies, and love ;)

Overall, it's an entertaining story and well-written.

message 3: by Diego (new)

Diego Vargas Spoiler Alert!
the 2nd book in the new series focuses completely on percy...

Judah Hays Rick riordan writes exiting fast paced stories that appeal to both adults and children.

Tucker Daynes they should make them all into movies

Tucker Daynes so sad it is over though can't wait till next series