Lillian's Reviews > The Seven Rays

The Seven Rays by Jessica Bendinger

Dec 13, 09

bookshelves: could-have-been-better, trash
Read in December, 2009

** spoiler alert ** Oh god, most of the time I wanted to scream "WTF?!" Half of the book is pointless Richie Mac and Beth scenes. I mean, Richie Mac and Beth Ray? Such interesting names that I did not just forget and had to look at the book to write this review. It's sort of like Twilight Bella and Edward. The plot was garbage, again like Twilight, three quarters into the book and then something happens. I still can't figure out what the moral or point is of the book! So they have to pass all these tests for no reason and bring their mother back to life so she can give them tons of money to do whatever they like, because they're the seven rays? Makes no sense. And the fact that Beth has the least interesting ability(in my opinion) bugs me a lot, her being handicapped or something would be better. I hate Beth, she is dull, stupid, and not at all lovable. I even like Shirl better than her, and I remembered her name clearly. The only reason why I gave two stars, not one, is because there are like 5 short chapters that I like in the book. Nessa, Shirl, Va-Va, and etc should have been the main character or something, because they are a hundred times better than Beth.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Seven Rays.