Robin's Reviews > Bleachers

F 50x66
Dec 10, 09

it was ok
Read in November, 2009

Definitely not what I expected from John Grisham. I went through my "Grisham phase" years ago, loving The Firm, The Pelican Brief, etc, but stopped reading when it seemed like I kept reading the same book over and over-if it ain't broke, don't fix it. I found Bleachers on my son's bookcase (he read it for a high school book report) and figured it would be a quick read. It was - I finished it in one night. It was a predictable story of a high school football program and it's former hard-nosed, never-say-quit, win-at-all-costs but now dying coach, told from the point of view of the prototypical star quarterback who blew out his knee in college and never fully recovered physically or emotionally. Former players gravitate back to town to sit in vigil on the bleachers of the football field and relive their individual glory days and those of the team throughout the years. If you're looking for action, you won't find it here. What you will find is many stories of one man who touched the lives of an entire community, for better and worse.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bleachers.