Mikaela's Reviews > Vampire Academy

Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead

I didnt LOVE this book... but it was pretty good. The authour tended to waffle on a little bit, so it felt like the story was shorter than it actually looked. But otherwise I did like the story. I adored the kickass female heroine and I think I want to marry Dimitri.

Overall it was a 3.5 out of 5 rather than a four, but since it doesnt give ".5" of a star on goodreads, I may as well give it the benefit of the doubt. Four stars it is!

I baggs Dimitri
10 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vampire Academy.

Quotes Mikaela Liked

Richelle Mead
“The spell. Victor said you had to want me... to care about me... for it to work." When he didn't say anything, I tried to grip his shirt, but my fingers were too weak. "Did you? Did you want me?"
His words came out thickly. "Yes, Roza. I did want you. I still do. I wish... we could be together."
"Then why did you lie to me?"
We reached the clinic, and he managed to open the door while still holding me. As soon as he stepped inside, he began yelling for help.
"Why did you lie?" I murmured again.
Still holding me in his arms, he looked down at me. I could hear voices and footsteps getting closer.
"Because we can't be together."
"Because of the age thing, right?" I asked. "Because you're my mentor?"
His fingertip gently wiped away a tear that had escaped down my cheek. "That's part of it," he said. "But also... well, you and I will both be Lissa's gaurdians someday. I need to protect her at all cost. If a pack of Strogoi come, I need to throw my body between them and her."
I know that. Of course that's what you have to do." The black sparkles were dancing in front of my eyes again. I was fading out.
"No. If I let myself love you, I won't throw myself in front of her. I'll throw myself in front of you.”

Richelle Mead
“Only a true best friend can protect you from your immortal enemies.”

Richelle Mead
“Did you see that dress?” "I saw the dress.” "Did you like it?” He didn't answer. I took that as a yes. "Am I going to endanger my reputation if I wear it to the dance?” When he spoke, I could barely hear him. "You'll endanger the school.” I smiled and fell asleep.”

Richelle Mead
“You…you got rid of that dress fast," I pointed out between heavy breaths. "I thought you liked it."
"I do like it," he said. His breathing was as heavy as mine. "I love it."
And then he took me to the bed.”

Richelle Mead
“Do you think I'm pretty?
I think you're beautiful
Beautiful?
You are so beautiful, it hurts sometimes.”

Richelle Mead
“Wow." I hadn't thought Dimitri could be any cooler, but I was wrong. "You beat up your dad. I mean, that's really horrible...what happened. But, wow. You really are a god."
He blinked. "What?"
"Uh, nothing.”

Richelle Mead
“The only thing better than imagining Dimitri carrying me in his arms was imagining him shirtless while carrying me in his arms.”

Richelle Mead
“Dimitri: "She might be wild and disrespectful, but if she has potential—"
Rose: "Wild and disrespecful? Who the hell are you anyway? Oursourced help?"
Kirova: "Guardian Belikov is the Princess Lissa's guardian now, her sanctioned guardian."
Rose: "You got cheap foreign labor to protect Lissa?”

Richelle Mead
“He watched as I slipped one of the shoes on. "You have a guardian angel."
"I don't believe in angels," I told him. "I believe in what I can do for myself."
Well then, you have an amazing body." I glanced up at him with a questioning look. "For healing, I mean. I heard about the accident...”
Richelle Mead, Vampire Academy

Comments (showing 351-400 of 8,802) (8802 new)

message 351: by Leah (new) - rated it 4 stars

Leah Why did you get home so late?????

Mikaela I had choir and then motet choir so I had to spend an extra two hours at school... Blegh.

message 353: by Leah (new) - rated it 4 stars

Leah haha... though, I have orchestra tomorrow and I'll only get home at 5:30, plus I'm going to that thing tomorrow night...

message 354: by Dom (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dom just got home from water polo

is sea pool

outdoors

in the rain

while being unable to breathe also

and while being afraid of getting eaten by a shark

and getting attacked by sea lice

and my swimming costume was too small

but my bounce passes were good, so that somehow makes up for it

somehow

Dimitri is sexy!

message 355: by Leah (new) - rated it 4 stars

Leah Yes Dom, we've heard about D.
And Sea Lice? I didn't even know they existed!

Kay Kay My sis had her first day at uni!

message 357: by Dom (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dom yay!

wat uni?

how was it?

wat course is she doing?

is it awesome?

have i asked enugh questions yet?

and yes, sea lice exist

i would know, since i had them burrowing into my skin and causing me extreme agony

Kay Kay Sydney Uni.

Arts- as in writing and than she's going to transfer in law and arts.

And yes you have.

lol! Poor Domini!!!

MIKAELA!!!!!!!!!!1 You missed out on a birthing video!!!!!!!!

Argh it was cool. I can't wait to be a mum!

hehehe

Mikaela Such a shame. Its always been my dream to see a crazy old saggy boobed woman give birth at home in the bath.... NOT!

Eurgh. SO gross.

Hows homewrk coming? Mine sucks. Thats awesome that she's doing arts. She'll be really good at it i think.

And yes..... Thats all i have to say

Mikaela That and Dimitri is Sexy

Mikaela And also, I need a new pic. I dont like the old one anymore.

So yeh

message 362: by Leah (new) - rated it 4 stars

Leah yeah.. it's too earthy and un- booky

Kay Kay hahahaha about a photoshopped version of you and dimitri

Mikaela Why would I need a photoshop when i have the real thing? XD lol

message 365: by Leah (new) - rated it 4 stars

Leah lol yeah :)
OMG Private series......
Do you know how I was reading ambition? Well it got really good so I finished it and then I started reading revelation.... and that it GOT REALLY REALLY GOOD AND HAD A BIG CLIFF HANGER!! So now I'm reading lost paradise. :)

Mikaela :) Typical!

message 367: by Leah (new) - rated it 4 stars

Leah BTW Mikaela, do you have the box set of NCIS?? I missed an episode AND I NEEEEEEEEEED to see it :)
It's not on the channel 10 website :(

message 368: by Dom (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dom SYDNEY UNI IS THE BEST!

i play water polo there by the way

so of course i am not AT ALL biased

WOO SYDNEY UNI

and agreement in that dimitri is sexy

but he is mine

also give me shadow kissed!

ill give u it 4 ur birthday

okay?

and we watched a birthing video

but it wasn't really one

just a 5 second shot and u couldn't see the it actually

i thought knocked up did it much better

message 369: by Leah (new) - rated it 4 stars

Leah Dom, it's better when you have Cathryn's sound effects...

Mikaela lol. ew. lol. ew ew ew.

Shadow kissed is in my locker. All you had to do was ask for it! I totally 4got to give it to you... sorry!

Mikaela Mwa ha ha ha ha

Sorry. Just felt like it.

message 372: by Leah (new) - rated it 4 stars

Leah lol...
EXCITED FOR TOMORROW??? I AM :)

message 373: by Dom (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dom muhahahahahahaha

is how u do it good

although cathryn does it better

yes, that had a dirty undertone!

that was the whole point

and yay for the dance!

im coming, i don't care if im banned due to bad behaviour

im not really but i should be

Kay Kay I am super excited!

YAYAYAY!!

Lee Lee don't forget Jessica's guide to dating on the dark side.

Do you want anything in return?

message 375: by Leah (new) - rated it 4 stars

Leah Can you search if your library has a book called Suspicion by Kate Brian???? It's the 10th book in the private series AND I NEEEEEEEED IT. If not I'll just send out my mum to buy it with my always decreasing gift card :)

message 376: by Dom (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dom yay

i have no idea what either of u just said

message 377: by Leah (new) - rated it 4 stars

Leah lol, don't worry, I was talking to Karen. I AM SOOO PUMPED FOR TOMORROW :) AREN"T YOU?????????

Mikaela SQUEEEEE!!!!! Yes. Just a little bit :)

message 379: by Leah (new) - rated it 4 stars

Leah :)

message 380: by Leah (last edited Mar 05, 2010 02:16PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Leah Did you guys have a good time last time??
Poor Mikaela! Are you okay???
Lol. That random guy that asked you, Dom. !!
And Karen! Are you dead yet? You had sooooooo much energy last night.

message 381: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Yea i liked it but it was a tad bit gross...

message 382: by Leah (new) - rated it 4 stars

Leah Yeah well... thats what happens when we have girls in our grade that act... disgusting

Mikaela I'm much better now, thanks. Just a bit upset at having to miss out on all the fun.

WHAT HAPPENED? I want ALL the juciy details, and I mean ALL!!!! Start at what hapened after Karen started dancing with that guy and go until the end of the dance. I expect posts at least a page long!!!!

Who hooked up? I saw brigid got sent out, but what HAPPENED?

Oh, and i'm glad u found ur goodreads password melly!

Mikii

Kay Kay lol! I had a lot of fun last night!

Dancing with that guy was really fun.

I must admit, the I a m really disappointed that he had a girl friend!

Oh well.

Mikki I missed you!

message 385: by Leah (new) - rated it 4 stars

Leah Lol can anybody add to this list?
People who Hooked Up:
Brigid
Georgia S
Natasha

Thats who I actually saw, but someone mentioned Elyssa M, Carlin, Jaz..

Kay Kay Natasha, I felt so sad.
Apart from those three I didn't see or hear about anyone else

message 387: by Leah (new) - rated it 4 stars

Leah what do you mean Natasha, I felt so sad..?????
Well, Natasha did say to me,"I want to hook up again, it was fun!"
Isn't that a little sad???

message 388: by Kay Kay (last edited Mar 05, 2010 05:38PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kay Kay That's what i meant.
She just seemed so desperate to fit in, you know?

Mikaela Natasha hooked up? wow. How ugly was the guy? Thats... kinda slutty. I feel a little sorry for her too...

Kay Kay Well, I didn't see, but she told me.
I felt a little, sick because she seemed desperate for people to hear.

message 391: by Leah (last edited Mar 05, 2010 09:49PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Leah Yeah...
Anyway getting back to the topic that acutally made us get on this website.. how many books have you guys read this year???????? Do you even know?
I do! I've been keeping track in that group that I'm in :) So far 29 books :)

Mikaela Only Sixteen. havent really been bothered to go to my library so far this year. :) still. According to my mother, I need to read less.

Ah well.

message 393: by Leah (new) - rated it 4 stars

Leah wth Mikaela? You rated Inner Circle??? Did you mean to Rate Invitation Only??????????? Muahahhaha I'm beating you :)

Mikaela Oops. I'll go fix that...

message 395: by Leah (new) - rated it 4 stars

Leah And lol, how can you recommend a book if you haven't read it??? My library has that other Kate Brian one but I haven't bothered to read it yet..

Mikaela U shud get it so we can all steal it from you!!!

message 397: by Dom (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dom yer, i missed a whole lot of convo

i also saw chantelle (duh), georgia s(like three times) hook up.

also probably marianna!

did u see how many tall guys there were all of a sudden

one had to duck to get through the door

seriously

and natasha what?

ew

also, he had a girlfriend!?

and he danced with u so much!?

and ew, that guy who was dancing with jaz fully had his hands over the front of her pants

also the one dancing with carlin

i dunno how many books!

ill go count

message 398: by Melissa (new)

Melissa That is soo true about Jas and Carlin! I told my mum she said she could see some of it! And she also said that thy brought this guy out and sat him down near where my mum was. She heard ms Saliba say to him "now don't u know it's inappropriate to touch a girls breasts?" OMG!

message 399: by Leah (new) - rated it 4 stars

Leah lol!!!! But what I hate is that Jas and Carlin just let them.... and were probably happy about it!

message 400: by Leah (new) - rated it 4 stars

Leah Message 400 :) Lol, the funniest thing happened this morning. A cockroach ran over my sisters foot while she was in the shower :) lol. My mum, dad and I all laughed at her because she was screaming!!