Jimmy Hanson's Reviews > The Undead Next Door

The Undead Next Door by Kerrelyn Sparks

Dec 13, 09

bookshelves: 2009, m-f
Read in December, 2009, read count: 1

So, a definite note of K.Sparks: the titles of her books don't reflect ANYTHING on what the book is about. Not saying that's a bad thing ... but if you forget the title and have to guess, there's nothing in the book itself that will hint to what the title is.

In saying that, this is the story of Jean-Luc and Heather. In the other novels [1-3:], I thought Jean-Luc was an interesting side-character but as a prime chara I wasn't so sure. Thankfully, I was proved wrong. Sparks made him unique and clever, but also almost adorably naive to modern-day slang and such. Heather was very smart, and very able, and all in all I am fond of her. The only thing that really grated on my nerves: 1] the "combating fear" issue, and 2] the "this will never work" issue.

Anyone can set in their mind that they want to combat their own personal fears and they should. However, when combating those personal fears means you walk into a dark museum at 3am with only a flashlight to guide you when there's a monster out to kill you, that's not facing fears - that's just stupidity.

And the "this will never work" issue seems to be a repetitive theme that, by the forth book in this series, is just getting annoying. -_-;;
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Undead Next Door.