Sapphire's Reviews > 2 States: The Story of My Marriage

2 States by Chetan Bhagat

Dec 10, 2009

bookshelves: indian-authors

Many people will certainly think before reading a Chetan Bhagat novel for sure,but this book is definately a quick read & enjoyable too.

The plot is basically Punjbi-Tamilian warfront.

Bollywood masala is the flavour for the book but still enjoyable.Krish(Punjabi by birth) and Ananya (Tamilian) both fall fo each other while completing their MBA from IIM-A. After a no problem love story of two years ,a major problem is to be confronted-PARENTS.

As we all know for all north indians ,south indians are madrasi & for all south indians ,north indians are illiterates.:)

Anyways Krish attempts his best to get the marriage proposal accepted by ,not Ananya but her parents.Ananya on the other hand does all sort of things to get absorbed into Krish's family.

Ultimately what happens we all know.No marks for guessing.

But if you are a north-indian in south or a south-indian in north ,you will connect to the story and will certainly enjoy.Most of the situations are the one which can be found in real life.

This book actually tells you the thinking of Indians staying in India but still apart,still not accepting different cultures in the same country. Some moments can really leave you giggling and smiling for sure.

Do read atlest once.

Enjoy Reading:)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 2 States.

Quotes Sapphire Liked

Chetan Bhagat
“The world's most sensible person and the biggest idiot both stay within us. The worst part is, you can't even tell who is who.”
Chetan Bhagat, 2 States: The Story of My Marriage

Rahul you said it right the story will be most appreciated if u experiance all this north south thing.....