Krystle's Reviews > Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal

Lamb by Christopher Moore

Jan 04, 10

bookshelves: favorites
Read in January, 2010, read count: 1

This was my first Christopher Moore book and it was at the recommendation of a friend that I picked it up and boy was I glad to have picked it up. It makes you feel that you Jesus was person, just like you and I, in his day searching for how to be who he was and we've all been there. I cracked up out loud at different quotes and scenes throughout the book and told everyone who came around me and listened. It's not a book that should change your beliefs, which is something the author is clear on, however, it should give you the opportunity to view Jesus' middle years from this fictional interpretation. Loved it. I felt a sense of closeness to all the characters after reading this and I definitely recommend it!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lamb.

Quotes Krystle Liked

Christopher Moore
“Oh, I would while away the hours,
Wanking in the flowers, my heart all full of song,
I'd be gliding all the lilies as I waved about my willie,
If I only had a schlong.”

Christopher Moore
“Why is it one can busta rhyme or busta move anywhere, but one must busta cap in someone's ass?”

Christopher Moore
“I'll bet he was myrrh. Bastard, he brings the cheapest gift and now he wants to sodomize me.”

Christopher Moore
“I've tried to get the angel to watch MTV so I can learn the vocabulary of your music, but even with the gift of tongues, I'm having trouble learning to speak hip-hop. Why is it that one can busta rhyme or busta move anywhere but you must busta cap in someone's ass? Is "ho" always feminine, and "muthafucka" always masculine, while "bitch" can be either? How many peeps in a posse, how much booty before baby got back, do you have to be all that to get all up in that, and do I need to be dope and phat to be da bomb or can I just be "stupid"? I'll not be singing over any dead mothers until I understand.”

Christopher Moore
“It's wildly irritating to have invented something as revolutionary as sarcasm, only to have it abused by amateurs.”

Christopher Moore
“It's very difficult to stay angry when a room full of bald guys in orange robes start giggling. Buddhism.”

Christopher Moore
“All fear comes from trying to see the future, Biff. If you know what is coming, you aren't afraid.”

12/10/2009 page 56