Aimee's Reviews > Mona Lisa Craving

Mona Lisa Craving by Sunny

Dec 09, 2009

bookshelves: holy-hotness-hall-of-fame-hero, i-need-a-cold-shower, paranormal-romance, violence-is-golden, erotica
Read in December, 2009

Mona Lisa returns to her people from her high council meeting with new discoveries of herself and what she is becoming. After finally starting to come to terms with that, she, in true Mona Lisa form, finds more trouble...or, should I say, trouble finds her. This is where Dante is introduced into the story. Apparently, they have a past that she isn't able to remember. But it's a disturbing one that leads to more drama, and love, and pain, and hope.

Mona Lisa Craving is my unexpected shocker of the year. It took me completely by surprise. I picked it up thinking that it was going to be the final straw in this series, where I finally give up on it and move on. WRONG! This one seems to be Sunny's redemption in my eyes. Even though I was already addicted to this series, I was beginning to doubt the reasoning behind my addiction. Until this book. I never thought that I would give 5 stars to one of the books in this series.

I absolutely ADORE Dante! At some parts I hated him, but it only added to the multiple facets of his character. Stand back Halcyon! There's a new warrior in town! And he's amazing!

Also, she added a little more dimension to the story. Yes, it had the Sunny trademark "pearl- sheath- budding flower-and-turgic stalk" sex scenes. But it went beyond just the sex this time. I actually cared what happened, which is a rapid turn-around from the last book.

Mona Lisa Darkening is sitting on my bookshelf. And I'm hoping, beyond all hope, that she can keep this up. Because it's been bumped up on my TBR pile.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mona Lisa Craving.

12/09/2009 page 86
31.5% "Well, she's certainly hooked me early on. This one is shaping up to be the one that redeems this series in my eyes! Let's hope it sticks!"
12/10/2009 page 173
63.37% "Whoa Nelly! Late night pharmacies in small town Louisiana..that's the most unrealistic concept yet!"

FlibBityFLooB I liked Dante, too. I will be interested to hear what you think about book 4. It seemed like it didn't fit the series to me...

Aimee I almost felt that way about this one. It was almost like I was reading a completely different series. A better one, though. The fourth one, from reading the synopsis, seems like it's switching from LKH style to an urban fantasy a la Kim Harrison.