Becky's Reviews > The Calling / Changeling

The Calling / Changeling by Cate Tiernan

Dec 09, 09

Read in September, 2009

** spoiler alert ** The Calling continues Morgan's journey of discovery of Wicca and her true identity as a blood witch. She has been experiencing premonitions and travels with her friends to New York to try to stop her vision coming to pass. As with the other books in the Wicca series, I found The Calling really easy to read and a real page turner. However, I am now at the point where I am frustrated by the start of each book as Morgan tells us again all about her life. At this point we are reading tecnically the seventh book and it is becoming rather tiresome to be reintroduced to the things we already know. I understand the necessity of this for new readers but it is a real annoyance.

I also found the plot of The Calling highly predictable and was in no doubt as to how the book was going to end. This was a real disappointment as I love this series. I have to say I also found Tiernan's dialogue for her English characters irritating to the point where I wanted to pull my own teeth out. Contrary to popular belief we do not call people "love" all the time.

Changeling was a much more interesting and engaging read as Morgan reluctantly gets to know her biological father. It had me on the edge of my seat and I felt really satisfied with every page that I turned. Changeling completely lived up to my expectations of the Wicca series.

Overall, I really enjoyed Changeling and I am now yet again desperate for the next installment. I want to know whether Killian will reappear, whether Ciaran knows Morgan's true name and whether Morgan will truly open up to the gorgeous Hunter Niall. If you loved the other Wicca books, then definitely continue reading. Changeling will leave you wanting more.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Calling / Changeling.