FlibBityFLooB's Reviews > Devil's Embrace

Devil's Embrace by Catherine Coulter

Mar 28, 10

bookshelves: historical, read-in-2010, witty-i-am-not, will-never-read-again, bodice-ripper
Read on March 28, 2010

If there was ever a book where I didn't want the heroine to remain with any of the love interests in the book, it was this one. Seriously, the two men in this book were complete and total a-holes. *sigh* No redemptive qualities in either of them. Where was my fiesty ex-pirate from Gentle Rogue when I needed him? :)

Then again, I didn't particularly like the heroine, either. She was a simpering wimpy girl, and not the spitfire heroine I would have preferred, even if she shot a pistol in the book.

I have to agree with the authors of Beyond Heaving Bosoms who on page 77 admitted that the character of Anthony Welles was a character who was an "alphahole hero we'd like to slap around some". All I can say is: me, too. I'm not sure who could possibly think that this hero had redemptive qualities, and the heroine's ex-fiance was not any better himself. UGH.
6 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Devil's Embrace.

03/28/2010 page 1
0.25% "Reading for my Beyond Heaving Bosoms book reads to see if the hero is an alphahole like the book says :)" 1 comment

message 1: by Eastofoz (new)

Eastofoz Sounds like a real winner of a read 8-) One whole star eh --nasty stuff no doubt.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja) I admit I like the old school bodice rippers, but this is one I'm going to avoid. Too much rape even for me.