Rachel Bussel's Reviews > Cute Yummy Time: 70 Recipes for the Cutest Food You'll Ever Eat

Cute Yummy Time by La Carmina

Dec 08, 09

Read in December, 2009

I’ll be upfront and admit that I’m not much of a cook, but I am a fan of cuteness and bought this book largely based on La Carmina’s blog and YouTube video. I enjoyed the entire thing, from the story woven into the text to the fun recipes (including cupcakes!) as well as the fact that these are nutritious and simple to make. I don’t have kids yet, but when I do, I hope to make them some of the adorable dishes here.

Some of my favorites are the singing crab bagel, foxy oatmeal, panda tofu soba, animal yogurt popsicles, party owl egg white quiche, hard-boiled egg critters, and bunny and pig on rye. And the pirate eyepatch on the mouse macaroni and cheese! I like that for many of these, it’s fairly easy to tell from the photo what was done. I consider this as much a coffee table book as a cookbook, and appreciate the info at the front about how to make cute food designs from whole foods or the step-by-step demo on making a bear’s face from rye, ham and salami as the rest. Whether or not you’re a fan of La Carmina’s blog, this is a collection that gives new meaning to the term “playing with your food.” I appreciate that, as a novice in the kitchen, I don’t need any advance skills, just willingness to have fun and be a little adventurous.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cute Yummy Time.