Jennifer's Reviews > Narcissus in Chains

Feb 04, 11

bookshelves: paranormal-shapeshifters
Recommended to Jennifer by: jennsicurella@verizon.net
Read from February 01 to 02, 2011

I loved Narcissus in Chains. It is the book that Anita must face that her views on sexuality must become looser or she won't survive. I enjoyed her inner struggle. And I very much appreciated the way it was tied to the larger story line so her decision to engage in more promiscuous sex was based in something real.

And can I just say, hello Micah! This new man in Anita's life is a mystery in many ways, but seems to be just what Anita needs. He's uncomplicated, something she is completely missing in her other relationships. Sure, he has his reasons for wanting to be with her, but he's willing to without coming between her and other men.

The mystery in Narcissus in Chains was only vaguely hinted at in the first three quarters of the book. The beginning of the book was solely focused on Anita's personal, pack, and pard problems. Anita's issues need the focus and the book doesn't suffer for it. When the mystery comes to the forefront, every personal issue tackled in the beginning of the book shows how important it was to get settled earlier.

Narcissus in Chains changes the entire vibe of the entire Anita Blake series. Some fans will dislike the turn towards sexy paranormal romance, but others will see it as a clear evolution of the series. The sex scenes are hot and I love the new sexiness of the series that Narcissus in Chains begins.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Narcissus in Chains.

02/02/2011 page 177