♦Jennifer♦'s Reviews > Xombies: Apocalypse Blues

Dec 15, 09

bookshelves: first-reads
Recommended for: zombie lovers
Read in December, 2009, read count: 1

** spoiler alert ** Who doesn't love a good zombie(or in this case xombie) story? I know that I do, and this one didn't disappoint.

In this book xombies are people who have been exposed to a virus that makes them blue, super fast, super strong, and leaches out all personality. It especially effects women who are past puberty. Because of this most of the people that have survived are men, children, and menopausal women.

One of the only exceptions is the main Character Lulu. She believes its because she has some chromosomal deficiency that means she doesn't get her period.

I really liked the book. I found that it moved at a great pace, and I was never bored. As someone near the age of the main character, I found myself empathizing with her at exactly how she was being treated by all the men.

I loved the explanation for the virus and wanted so much for there to have been some kind of cure. The thought of finding it, and being able to live forever was really intriguing. So I was kind of disappointed at the end when she turned out to only be a stop gap to all of the xombies on the sub being mindless monsters.

I was so hoping for a happy ending for Lulu. Some sort of resolution to her having finally being turned into a xombie. Like the doctor's finding a cure, or her being accepted as still being a thoughtful being by everybody on the sub. So when she woke up in that glass exposure with a tube sticking out of her neck, and that was it I was hoping for a little more.

Overall, great book. And who knows? Maybe there will be a sequel, where they find the cure and a new link in the evolutionary chain could begin rebuild in the world.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Xombies.

12/10/2009 page 24