Ashley's Reviews > Voyager

Voyager by Diana Gabaldon

Dec 09, 09

bookshelves: 2009
Read in December, 2009

Hard to put this one down! Without giving too much away, there are some very unexpected happenings in this 3rd book of the Outlander series. I was worried it was going to get stale, but nope! Just a fresh and enjoyable as the 1st two.

I was wondering why the heck Claire waited 20 years to go search for the history of her guy. Had it been me, I would have returned to the present time and immediately started a desperate historical search for Jamie to see what happened to him and to see if he made it out of Culloden alive. But 20 years? COME ON! No way. So, tsk tsk to Claire for waiting too long to search the records of history.

I do love the indirect lessons we get about history. That it's only as dependable as the records and that it is by no means complete or acurate at times. Do we really know who our great grand parents were or was there some untold scandle that died a secret a centry ago? Who knows! Definately adds some spice to life.

Love the characters - love the plot - love the historical novel aspects - love the setting in this book - love the flow - and love the love.

Once more, I end my review: WHY ISN'T THIS SERIES A SET OF MOVIES YET?!?!?!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Voyager.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Lena I love these books and have often wondered why there are no movies too...maybe Diana Gabaldan won't sign anything allowing them too.

As soon as mine are unpacked I'm rereading books 1-6 again as I recently finished #7. :-)

Ashley Ah, the 7th I read is set in NC, too. I might have to take a weekend and do some hiking :-)