Mireille's Reviews > The Second Summer of the Sisterhood

The Second Summer of the Sisterhood by Ann Brashares

Dec 07, 2009

bookshelves: read-in-2007, young-adult, romance
Read in December, 2007 — I own a copy , read count: 1

I read it in French last spring and thought it was the weakest of the serie (I read the first two books in French and then bought the last ones in English). My favorite character, Bridget, had a mostly boring story and none of the other stories connected with me (though Lena's story is really heartbreaking).

But on re-read, it was like I saw this book in a whole new light (and I don't think it really has to do with reading it in the original language, though that probably helps). The "boring Bee" storyline became my dear Bee putting ground back under her feet and really growing as a person. I despaired at Tibby being cruel and un-her (though I despair at Tibby a lot, it seems). Lena's story was still wrenching. It's just Carmen with whom I can't seem to relate, but her story was still interesting.

I do still think it's my least favorite, though, but I can really see how important a stone it is in these girls' wall (how poetic). Girls in Pants remains my favorite, where almost every storyline got to me!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Second Summer of the Sisterhood.