MelissaB's Reviews > Leader of the Pack

1320046
Oct 02, 12

bookshelves: 2009-reads, werewolves, kindle, romantica-erotica
Read in December, 2009

This book was like the Energizer bunny in that it kept going and going and going. It was over twice the length it should have been for one book. About half way through the leads defeated the Big Bad but then another mystery had to pop up and go for a few hundred pages. Then at the end we were still left with unanswered questions so maybe there will be a sequel?

The writing in this book was good and really pulled me into the story and had me rooting for the leads. The biggest problem was the one stated above, I think the book should have been much shorter and not include so many side stories and points of view.

The steam level in this book is not for the faint of heart. This story includes: regular M/F, F/F, random licking by other weres, voyarism, forced touching by the bad guy, shifter love scenes where people were in various points of hairiness and matings where couples went at it in front of each other. Basically, don't try this unless you are ready for anything ;)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Leader of the Pack.

12/07/2009 page 150
23.22% "Suprisingly good so far, especially for a random Kindle purchase"
12/07/2009 page 250
38.7% "This book is a bit strange. The writing is good and pulls you in but the line of sex while shifting form has been crossed many times" 8 comments

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) Great review, Melissa. Thanks for the warnings.

MelissaB Danielle - yeah it goes without saying that this book isn't for you. But at least you can read the warning and know that.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) Oh, yeah. I figured as much. I still enjoy reading the reviews on the ones that are out of my comfort zone. That's part of why I appreciate the warnings.

message 4: by Dina (new)

Dina "shifter love scenes where people were in varies points of hairiness"

Ick, that is so gross! :( Thanks for reading this book, so I won't have to, Melissa! :)

message 5: by Willow (new)

Willow Brook I'm going to sit this one out as well. Thanks for the informative and helpful review!

message 6: by AgentScully (new)

AgentScully "love scenes where people were in varies points of hairiness"

Oh erk!

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) I like the way she described that. I got a very strange mental image. LOL.

MelissaB Umm yeah. I could have said it a lot worse.

message 9: by new_user (new)

new_user LOL. Thanks for letting us know.

Elise-banned from infomercials and ebay I have never read a book that seems as strange as this one, so, okay, I'll bite. I might take awhile to get to it, but I'll let you know what I think.

message 11: by Dee (new)

Dee Hhmm, not sure about this one Kris, nice review though! ☺

MelissaB Dee - it's been awhile since I read this but I don't think it's for most people due to the boundaries crossed.

Kristen (Peddler of Smut) I'm not sure this one will work for me. However, if I'm in the right mood, who knows. Lol. Great review, Melissa.