Justice's Reviews > They Cage the Animals at Night

They Cage the Animals at Night by Jennings Michael Burch

Dec 09, 09

Read in December, 2009

Have you ever felt like people just didnt want you?Or yu were treated bad for something you didnt even understand what was happen?Or felt like no onw really loved you.?Well this book is right for you.So this is how it started.With a teddy bear named Doggie and a little boy named Jennings.

This book is about a boy named jennings who's been through alot.He's been beaten and neglected .He's been to many foster homes.Jennings has five brothers .Jennings feelings get hurt alot & he is a very sweet boy. In every foster home Jennings meets a friend.Though the rule is to not get close or make friends becuase they will leave.Theres this guy named Sal who loves Jennings ,but he cant take Jennings out of the foster home no matter how old he is becuase he doesnt hace custody of him,his mother does.Jennings mother gets sick alot and thats why he gets sent to all those foster homes.His brother larry runs away,

The form of this book is the paragraghs are long .Also the vocabulary is kinda hard .Also the theme is to never give up on life no matter how hard it gets .The antagonist is Jennings and the protagonist is life.This book has made me cry 10 times.Its my FAVORITE book.IhOpe You like it .I reccomend this book to anyone who has a heart!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read They Cage the Animals at Night.

message 1: by Zahara (new)

Zahara In my English class a few other students and I created a blog on two books that deal with child abuse, which is similar to this book. If you`re interested, please check it out! I would appreciate any feedback.