CV Rick's Reviews > What Do You Care What Other People Think?

What Do You Care What Other People Think? by Richard P. Feynman

2025389
Dec 19, 09

bookshelves: essay, science, autobiography
Read in December, 2009

First of all, there is nothing wrong with this book. It's engaging, well written, and glimpses the life of a man who helped shape science and our culture in his generation and in many generations to come. If I have any problems with the book, it's that I've read these tales before; several times. I like Feynman a lot and I respect nearly unrivaled genius. I think there are lessons to take from his life and use - his work ethic, and especially his analysis of every aspect of life, nature, and physics. The fact that he was such a successful scientist and educator for the entire length of his life speaks to his durability.

I do agree with other reviewers who pointed out the inordinate amount of space dedicated to the Challenger disaster investigation. It's important to be sure, but it doesn't feel like it fits in with the rest of the book very well - I guess it interrupts the flow.

However, for people who know little of the esteemed Dr, this is an excellent primer for his life, his work, and his legacy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read What Do You Care What Other People Think?.