Shawna's Reviews > Anchor and Storm

Anchor and Storm by Kate Poole

Mar 23, 12

bookshelves: historical-romance, menage-multiple-partners-polyamory, erotic-romance-erotica-romantica, publisher-elloras-cave, angsty-dark-heavy-lotsa-drama, pregnancy-fertility-baby-kids-drama, hh-physical-mental-disability-ill, historical-romance-georgian, heroine-commoner-lower-class, hh-limp-paraplegic-wheelchair, heroine-chaperone-governess-teacher, hh-aristocracy-nobility-royalty, heroine-country-lass, hh-social-class-wealth-matters, hh-servant-serving-working-class, historical-romance-scottish, heroine-companion, hero-alpha‎, captive-kidnapped-hostage-slave, hero-brooding, hero-commoner-self-made, hero-abused-scarred-tortured-angst, hero-titled-wealthy-lord, highlanders-hunks-in-kilts-scots, hh-disfigured-injured-scarred-ill, heroine-naïve-virgin-like-a-virgin, romance-doesnt-end-at-40, made-me-cry, married-couples-married-convenience, love-triangle-vying-courtships, steam-3-hot, sizable-packages, heartbreaking-gutwrenching-romance, tearjerker-tugs-at-heartstrings, friends-to-lovers, 2012-reads, 4-to-5-stars, editing-nightmare, favorite-romance-couple-hh-pairings, hero-beta, hero-gentleman, hero-im-gaga-over, heroine-abused-traumatic-past-rape, heroine-curvy-plump-not-stick-thin, heroine-i-adore, hh-across-the-tracks, hh-post-traumatic-stress-disorder, hh-rags-to-riches, i-read-no-longer-own-sold-swapped, villain-uber-bad-nasty, steam-4-smokin, hh-phobia-disorder
Recommended for: Fans of thought-provoking, emotional, erotic historical romance
Read on March 23, 2012

4 ½ stars – Historical Romance

The writing isn’t perfect and the third part of the book and ending are somewhat choppy and rushed, but it’s such an emotionally powerful, touching story about the various depths of love with wonderful characters. I just adored sweet, gentlemanly, caring Edgar and gruff, rugged alpha Angus, and Emily was a loyal, loving heroine. It’s such an evocative, romantic story and had me tearing up, so definitely worthy of solid 4 ½ stars.
11 likes • Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Anchor and Storm.

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick I agree, Shawna... such an emotional story. I loved it!

Shawna I did too, Dhes! It was a nice surprise!

♡Karlyn P♡ I read this a few years ago and was surprised how much I enjoyed it, as I rarely read ménage. If you could call it that, maybe just voyeurism? Nice review!!

Kristen (Peddler of Smut) I agree with everything you said, and like you, I still really liked this book.

message 5: by Shawna (last edited Mar 24, 2012 05:41AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shawna Thanks, ladies!

The cover is hot but it's so misleading. This was more about the character's relationships than the sex. I think it's actually pretty mild for an "erotic" romance and the ménage element very tame. (view spoiler) *sniffle*

It has a memorable, poignant story and great characters. I think if it had another 100 pages or so to really flesh things out, it would have been an amazing 5 star read.

Karla The cover is misleading, but it's a beautiful love story. Nice review Shawna!

Shawna Thanks, Karla! The cover and premise probably deter readers who shy away from erotica/ménage, which is a shame because I imagine this would be a pleasant surprise for many historical romance fans.