Sisi Emm's Reviews > Blood Canticle

Blood Canticle by Anne Rice

Dec 05, 2009

did not like it

Honestly, never in a million years had I ever imagined giving any of these books a 1 out of 5.

But Blood Canticle is like Anne Rice woke up one day, smelled the roses, opened the balcony doors to be greeted by the shouts of her adoring fans, and then proceeded to perch on the railing and shit on all of them. I'm talking diarreah, buddy.

Lestat is a pussy. No seriously, if you have one of those Edward vs. Lestat arguments, hide this and never use it in your arsenal. I've warned you.

Second...hell, I can't even remember. I don't think I ever got past page 100. Maybe, maybe, I reached 150. This coming from a fan.

One day, I will return and give a more coherent review other than "I'm bitter, this is a mockery of my favorite vampires".

It won't be soon.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Canticle.

05/30/2016 marked as: read

message 1: by Coralie (new)

Coralie I haven't read any Anne Rice Vampire Chronicle Books for over 15 years but I am a big fan. I stumbled across Blackwood Farm in a pile of giveaway books last week and as I'd missed out on reading that one, I brought it home. I thoroughly enjoyed it,so was anxious to read the next book which appears to be Blood Canticle. Having read your review I must say I'm disappointed. As you say you are a fan, it must have been somewhat of a let down when you have written such a bad review. I expect I will still look for the book and judge for myself, however I'm no longer excited. Thank you for your timely warning.