Marti's Reviews > The Botticelli Secret

The Botticelli Secret by Marina Fiorato

Dec 14, 09

bookshelves: zzz-books-2009, fiction-historical, first-reads, world-fiction, goodreads, arc
Read in December, 2009

** spoiler alert ** Imagine the world of the Renaissance with the glittering world of the Medici and the dawning of the artistic world. Imagine the city states in Italy and the constant back biting and fighting among them. Step into the world of Luciana Vetra and Brother Guido, two unusual main characters both running for their lives all due to a stolen unfinished version of a famous painting! The author, Marina Fiorato has used a real painting from Sandro Botticelli called Primavera and some research done by professors that suggests the painting could have been used as a coded message. She then wove in murders and mayhem, and a race against time.

Despite the lack of reading time I had available this season, I wanted to keep reading. I enjoyed the mystery and how it all came out! The rating should really be 3.5 stars, because I really liked the book, but felt that it did run a little long in areas. I also missed, as it was a first reads, (Thank you Goodreads) the illustrations of the painting that I think will be helpful to others when reading!!!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Botticelli Secret.

12/05/2009 page 92
17.9% "Liking it so far.... Interesting characters"
12/06/2009 page 181
35.21% "It is a secret hidden in a picture that sets off a mystery around the famous sea ports of italy... hmmm what is next?"
12/06/2009 page 234
45.53% "There are some interesting twists.... I am finding this quite interesting and hard to put down."
12/13/2009 page 369
71.79% "I have not had time to read and it is killing me. I can't wait to find out what happens next!!!!"