Becky's Reviews > Smash Cut

Smash Cut by Sandra Brown

Dec 05, 2009

Read in December, 2009

Sandra Brown is one of those authors that I forget about but then end up reading another book and thinking, man, I've got to read more of her books!

This book is very well-written, you aren't left bored or skimming the pages trying to get to something more interesting. The two main character's chemistry leaps off the page, and the story, while employing classic story elements, includes some interesting twists that you don't see coming at all! I really couldn't put this book down; any chance I got to read a few pages, I did!

The bad guy of the book is a huge movie fan and that is incorporated into the way he commits his crimes - definitely an interesting way to go about it but it only strengthens the crazy feel of him.

I liked that the two cops assigned to the case are smart and good at their job - so many times in books or movies the cops are always lagging behind the main characters as they basically solve the case for the cops. Brown is excellent at creating believable, individual characters who have a real, live feel to them.

You're kept on edge throughout the whole book but at the end, the race to save a life is adrenaline-packed - you're rooting for them to move faster and figure it out before it's too late. Definitely a great read, and I hope I remember to pick up some more of Brown's books the next time I'm at the library - if any of her other books I haven't read are as good as this one was, I'll be a very happy reader :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Smash Cut.