Ebookwormy's Reviews > What in the World Is Going On?: 10 Prophetic Clues You Cannot Afford to Ignore

What in the World Is Going On? by David Jeremiah

Dec 15, 09

bookshelves: currenteventspolitics, non-fiction, world, bible
Read in December, 2009

This book is an excellent introduction to the relationship between Biblical end times prophecy (eschatology) and current events.

Unfortunately, the book is not consistent. When Dr. Jeremiah is close to the Scripture he is outstanding, but some of the work is a bit reaching, particularly early in the book, such as the chapter about oil and energy. In addition, while he does a good job explaining how the rapture fits in the time line and giving some background on why he favors a pre-tribulation rapture, believers with a prophecy background will be uncomfortable with his strong assertion of a pre-tribulation rapture. Although I agree that a pre-trib rapture is, in my limited perception, the best alternative, i am uncomfortable with it being taught as the absolute Biblical interpretation as these events are forthcoming and the only confirmation that we have understood the mind of God correctly is the actual occurrence of the events. Certainly, the LORD will not be wrong, but there is room enough for our error and I would prefer a more humble presentation of this concept.

Nonetheless, the chapters on Israel, the re-emergence of the Roman Empire, Does America have a role in prophecy?, The New Axis of Evil, Arming for Armageddon and the Return of the King make this work a worthwhile introduction to the application of Biblical prophecy to our current, increasingly global, political situation. These chapters are more in the four star range.

For me personally, the point by point clarification of the difference between the battle of Gog and Armageddon on pages 199-200 was particularly insightful, as well as the concise chart on page 216 articulating 12 differences between the Rapture/ Translation and the Second Coming/ Established Kingdom of Christ.

A better resource on Islamic Terrorism is "The Politically Incorrect Guide to Islam and the Crusades" by Robert Spencer (I have a review on Goodreads). "Epicenter" by Joel Rosenberg is also good with current events, though he focus' on the Battle of Gog and Magog.

Recommended. Three Stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read What in the World Is Going On?.