Amanda Patterson's Reviews > The Brightest Star In The Sky

The Brightest Star In The Sky by Marian Keyes

Oct 12, 10

Read in December, 2010

‘I’ve been flying over the streets and houses of Dublin and now, finally, I’m here. I enter through the roof.’ An extraordinary visitor to 66 Star Street observes the comings and goings in the four apartments in the house. Why is ‘it’ there?
Katie, over 40 and losing her grip on the music PR world, lives on the top floor. Multi-billionaire Connall Hathaway is smitten with her. Andrei and Jan, on working visas from Poland share the 2nd floor with the tiny taxi-driver, Lydia. Jemima, 88, and her dog, Grudge, live on the 1st floor with her godson, the fairy-tale gardener, Fionn, who is shooting his own television show. Matt and Maeve live on the ground floor and they are Very Much in Love, their heart vibrations in perfect harmony.
What does the visitor see, hear and discover?
Marian is at her brilliant best with this book. I was enchanted by these very real characters, and their sometimes ordinary, sometimes extraordinary problems.
This novel is a treat. I savoured every page over the Christmas holidays. I took my time, remembering rituals from long ago, when cuddling up in bed with a longed-for book, was the norm. Long before the internet stole so much of my time. I was completely satisfied when the book ended. I loved it. I will remember the characters of 66 Star Street forever.

Amanda Patterson
www.writerswrite.co.za
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Brightest Star In The Sky.