Nikoleta's Reviews > All-American Girl

All-American Girl by Meg Cabot

Dec 14, 09

bookshelves: grade-8-ir-book
Read in December, 2009

All- American Girl is about Sam, who is a really good artist but gets a bad grade in German and her mom sends her to art classes for her punishment. There Sam meets David who tells her that she has really cute boots and that staples to her mind. Although she is in love with her sister's boyfriend. The second time she is supposed to go to art class she decides that she wants to skip it. Just before she gets picked up Sam sees the President and this guy that wants to shoot him. Somehow Sam jumps on him stops the bullet and breaks her arm. So later she finds out that David is the President's son and in the end after a lot of difficulties they are together as a couple.
During reading this book I made a text-to-text connection. It doesn't remind me of a specific book but to all of these books where the girl is super gross or not famous and then something happens and this girl becomes super hot or famous, just like in All- American Girl.
I gave this book 5 stars because I really like how Samantha likes Jack- her sister's boyfriend and when she sees David she always thinks of Jack just to remind herself that she doesn't like David. Although in the end she gives up and realizes that she doesn't like David- she loves him. So I would recommend this book to people(girls), that like books about fame, stories with boys, etc.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read All-American Girl.