Tahleen's Reviews > The Van Alen Legacy

The Van Alen Legacy by Melissa de la Cruz

Dec 04, 09

bookshelves: teen-fantasy, vampires

A year has passed since the ending of the previous book as The Van Alen Legacy opens. Schuyler and Oliver have been on the run from the Conclave, Mimi has been searching for the Watcher with Kingsley Martin and a small team of Venators, and Bliss has been in and out of control of her own body. The Blue Bloods' world is on the brink of collapse. Will these three heroines be able to save their kind from extinction, also saving the world in the process? Or will their own insecurities and uncertainty be the death of them all?

I think I enjoyed this one the most out of the series. I was surprised at how likable (not to mention how admirable) Mimi Force is here--I found that I like her more than Schuyler, who just seems annoyingly indecisive and naive. Despite the fact that she's probably the key to saving the Blue Bloods. Another exciting development at the end of the book also shed some light on a rumor I've heard about a companion series... one that I think I will like even more than this one. :)

I was sad to see that there would be another book, but only because I don't want to have to wait for it to be released.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Van Alen Legacy.