Holly's Reviews > Mockingjay

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

Aug 27, 10

bookshelves: kindle, death-ghosts, science-fiction, series, dystopia
Read from August 25 to 27, 2010, read count: 1

** spoiler alert ** I'M NOT KIDDING. I'M GOING TO SPOIL TONS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Let's start off a little fluffy for the people who can't read two warnings and continue to read even though they know I'm going to spoil stuff. I think the only way I can describe this book is terribly great. Read into it how you will.

It's always really hard to end a series in a way that everyone's going to like. This wasn't my ideal way to go about it, but it wasn't bad by any means. I was shocked a few times, cried a few times. Overall, it's just a very depressing series.

Ok. SPOIL TIME!

I'm so happy that Katniss ended up with Peeta! I've been Team Peeta from book 1. So that thrilled me, even though we didn't find out until the last 5 pages or so. But hey, it happened. I'm happy.

But I'm still having problems believing the kinds of torture the Capitol used against Peeta, Johanna, and Annie. And the bombing of the little kids that killed Prim. It's so awful. Especially what happened to Peeta, Prim, and Finnick. I'm still upset over that one.

And I feel really good about myself for calling the killing of President Coin. As soon as Katniss got done talking to Snow, I knew she was going to kill Coin and I figured, since they were making such a big deal about her aim, that she's miss Snow and kill Coin. But that was pretty much the only thing the whole book I predicted.

I'm glad there's some closure on this series now. It was totally worth it.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mockingjay.

Quotes Holly Liked

Suzanne Collins
“You love me. Real or not real?"
I tell him, "Real.”

Suzanne Collins
“Finnick?" I say, "Maybe some pants?"
He looks down at his legs as if noticing his outfit for the first time. Then he whips off his hospital gown leaving him in just his underwear. "Why? Do you find this" -- he strikes a ridiculously provocative pose -- "distracting?"
I laugh. Boggs looks embarrassed and Finnick looks more like the guy I met at the Quarter Quell”

Suzanne Collins
“Well, don't expect us to be too impressed. We just saw Finnick Odair in his underwear.”

Suzanne Collins
“Fine. I'll train. But I'm going to the stinking capitol if I have to kill a crew and fly there myself." Says Johanna.
"Probably best not to bring that up in training," I say. "But it's nice to know I'll have a ride.”

08/25/2010 page 6
2.0% "I'm literally only a few pages in and I'm already yelling NOOOO!!!" 2 comments
08/25/2010 page 70
18.0% "I don't have a lot of time, but I'm trying to make the most of it!"
08/26/2010 page 120
31.0% "This is probably going to be the most read book of the week. Bar none."
show 2 hidden updates…

Holly I wanted more fluff too! It was a little disappointing that there wasn't much, but hey, it's still the ending I wanted.

And yeah, it's a totally depressing series! It's like, "Oh look. Someone I liked dies. And in two more pages, it's someone else dies too!" But even though it's so sad, I still couldn't put them down...